In keeping with its long-standing policy on public health and safety coverage,
The Lufkin Daily News is providing all content about the coronavirus crisis free to online readers.
Georgia-Pacific will be buying groceries for 70 elderly, disabled or low-income residents of the Corrigan Housing Authority after the Corrigan mayor learned how many were going without food in light of the COVID-19, coronavirus pandemic.
Lufkin school trustees approved a resolution to compensate employees with premium-plus pay in addition to premium pay during the COVID-19, coronavirus pandemic.
As you all know, most everything has been closed or changed to temporary hours with limited numbers of people. Everyone should be trying to stay home or limit travel to necessity only. Hopefully this COVID-19, coronavirus pandemic will be over soon but, in the meantime, please be safe, caref…
The Angelina County & Cities Health District confirmed a fourth case of COVID-19, coronavirus in Angelina County late Monday afternoon.
Angelina County commissioners voted Monday to extend the county’s disaster declaration work furlough until further notice.
With restaurants and bars across the state shuttered due to state-mandated closures, it should come as no surprise that Texas’ liquor stores are seeing a sharp uptick in business, with many reporting sales similar to those posted during the holidays. Texans are stocking up on more than just …
These are truly unprecedented times that we are experiencing. In the midst of a worldwide pandemic and in-home isolation, it is now more important than ever to be aware of the dangers that exist in our homes and what can be done to minimize the risk. With children now spending so much of the…
As the COVID-19, coronavirus quarantine presses on, school districts are coming out in force with plans for distance learning. Teachers are even reaching out to encourage and motivate students during this time of distress.
The Texas Facilities Commission (TFC)is proud to serve governmental entities and communities across the country through the Federal Surplus Program. Our team works closely with the Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM) and the Special Operations Center (SOC) in times of crisis to s…
As we all settle into a new normal for the time being, it can often be unsettling. I know that Texans are strong, and we will continue on and come back as strong as we were before. I encourage everyone to do your part in helping to slow the spread of this virus and help those around you who …
COVID-19 - Latest from AP
- Michigan virus cases top 9,300; new ventilators put to work
- Puerto Rico acknowledges missteps as coronavirus peak looms
- Gov. Burgum: State's COVID-19 disaster declaration approved
- Ex-Omaha weatherman accused of targeting health director
- Khabib says he won't break quarantine, UFC 249 fight is off
- Stitt: Up to 6,800 hospital beds needed for virus patients
- Trump: US to deploy anti-drug Navy ships near Venezuela
- 2nd Massachusetts veterans home reports COVID-19 deaths
- Federal judge signals he won't postpone Wisconsin election
- The Latest: Sabres star Eichel donates 5,000 medical masks
- Call to arms: Compressed schedule could mean more pitchers
- Kentucky lawmakers pass a scaled-back budget amid pandemic
- Angelina County issues stay-at-home order effective Monday morning
- City tightens restrictions on COVID-19 emergency declaration
- Hudson issues stay-at-home order for city residents
- 100 patients tested for COVID-19 so far in Angelina County
- Health district reporting 3 COVID-19, coronavirus cases in Angelina County
- First case of COVID-19 in Angelina County confirmed
- COVID-19 briefs
- Standridge Color Corp. moving new manufacturing facility to Lufkin
- Fourth case of COVID-19, coronavirus reported in Angelina County
- Fifth COVID-19 case reported in Angelina County