Kenneth and Mary Cox of Lufkin will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on August 19. Mrs. Cox is the former Mary Skaines of Houston. The couple has two children, Kevin Cox and Kendra Cox. They also have two grandchildren, Hannah and Jeremy. The couple has lived in the Lufkin area for five years. Mr. Cox is retired from Union Pacific Railroad. Mrs. Cox worked as a secretary and in child care. The couple will celebrate their anniversary celebration at 6 p.m. August 18 with a simple gathering at home, hosted by their children.
- Lufkin man stabbed to death early Sunday morning in Longview
- Lufkin native, Nacogdoches fire captain recognized by First Missionary Baptist Church
- Forrest crowned Miss Lufkin
- Lufkin police arrest man for aggravated sexual assault of a child
- Bryan Holley: the right man, the right choice
- Dolli’s Diner a hidden gem in downtown Nacogdoches
- STALLARD: Little brother never was good at bunting
- James Michael (Mike) Hopkins
- Billie Jean “BJ” Johnson
- Texas angler’s 40-6 catch ranks among tournament lore’s biggest bags
Receive our News in Your Inbox!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.