E.G. and Linda Ratliff of Lufkin celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on July 3, 2019. They have lived in the area for most of their lives. Mrs. Ratliff is the former Linda Rodgers of Lufkin. The couple has six children, nine grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. Mr. Ratliff is a Navy veteran of WWII and retired from the US Postal Service after a total of 42 years of government service, the majority of those serving as carrier for Rural Route 4 in Lufkin. Mrs. Ratliff is a longtime gardener, crafter, quilter, homemaker and cook extraordinaire who loves playing and crafting with her grandchildren. The family will host a celebration at their home on Sunday, July 7 from 1-3 p.m. Invitations are extended through the press.
- Lufkin man stabbed to death early Sunday morning in Longview
- Lufkin native, Nacogdoches fire captain recognized by First Missionary Baptist Church
- Forrest crowned Miss Lufkin
- Lufkin police arrest man for aggravated sexual assault of a child
- Bryan Holley: the right man, the right choice
- Dolli’s Diner a hidden gem in downtown Nacogdoches
- STALLARD: Little brother never was good at bunting
- James Michael (Mike) Hopkins
- Billie Jean “BJ” Johnson
- Texas angler’s 40-6 catch ranks among tournament lore’s biggest bags
Receive our News in Your Inbox!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.