Wilbur L. Phifer, of Lufkin, will celebrate his 101st birthday on Oct. 22. He has two children and four grandchildren. Mr. Phifer is a WWII veteran (Master Sgt. in Army Air Corps), a retired teacher, and an avid fisherman. He and his wife spent summers in their RV in Colorado. He is now widowed after 66 years of marriage and lives with his daughter and son-in-law, Ann and Juan Reyes. His other daughter and son-in-law, Kay and Jerry Morton, live in Woodstock, Ill.
- Lufkin man stabbed to death early Sunday morning in Longview
- Lufkin native, Nacogdoches fire captain recognized by First Missionary Baptist Church
- Forrest crowned Miss Lufkin
- Lufkin police arrest man for aggravated sexual assault of a child
- Bryan Holley: the right man, the right choice
- Dolli’s Diner a hidden gem in downtown Nacogdoches
- STALLARD: Little brother never was good at bunting
- James Michael (Mike) Hopkins
- Billie Jean “BJ” Johnson
- Texas angler’s 40-6 catch ranks among tournament lore’s biggest bags
Receive our News in Your Inbox!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.