The Angelina County Senior Center is taking donations for those 65 and older so they can get a few supplies to help them get by.
PORT HUENEME, Calif. — “We Build, We Fight” has been the motto of the U.S. Navy’s Construction Force, known as the Seabees, for more than seven decades. The Navy Seabees are an elite group of personnel trained in both combat and the craft skills of the construction industry.
In March, our nation celebrates Women’s History Month. Today, more women work, pay Social Security taxes, and earn credit toward monthly retirement income than at any other time in our nation’s history.
Dickie Dixon, president Angelina County Genealogical Society, will discuss “The Federal Decennial Censuses, 1790-1940 and the Texas Censuses” at 4 p.m. Monday in the Community Meeting Room of Kurth Memorial Library, 706 S. Raguet St.
The Angelina Master Gardener Spring Plant Sale will be on March 28 at our greenhouse in the Farmers Market. Gates open at 8 a.m. and sale is open until 2 p.m. or when we sell out. Proceeds are used to fund our educational projects and scholarships.
A few years ago, Kathy and I were traveling by train in Italy from Assisi to Sorrento. I struck up a conversation with a fine Italian gentleman from Genoa who was also traveling with his wife and who spoke no English. It was a good opportunity to practice my Italian.
Social Security benefits are part of the retirement plan of almost every American worker. If you’re among the people covered under Social Security, you need to know how much you might receive from us when you begin receiving benefits. These monthly payments may be a vital part of your retire…
- County extends disaster declaration another 35 days
- First case of COVID-19 in Angelina County confirmed
- 100 patients tested for COVID-19 so far in Angelina County
- City tightens restrictions on COVID-19 emergency declaration
- Lufkin, Angelina County declare local disaster, set $1,000 fine, jail time for those who violate regulations
- City extends disaster declaration indefinitely
- STALLARD: Heartbreak wasn’t one of the listed symptoms
- COVID-19 confirmed in Nacogdoches
- COVID-19 briefs
- Man who visited Lufkin tests positive for COVID-19