Q: I just picked up a new dog. I need to get him fixed but I don’t know where to go and I can’t afford the super expensive procedures. Do you have any recommendations?
Q: I’ve been told that Ray Charles once appeared as part of Lufkin’s Community Concerts series way back when. Anyone remember? I’ve lived here all my life, and it’s news to me.
Q. I saw Commissioner (Bobby) Cheshire (Pct. 4) drive off the lot with a new GMC Denali that has a sunroof that he used county money to purchase. They had to take the insignia off it. How is this OK?
Q: Why doesn’t Lufkin ISD buy its vehicles locally? There are plenty of good dealers in Angelina County. These dealers pay taxes in Angelina County and support all area schools. I’m not aware of Tipton paying ad valorem taxes in Angelina County or supporting our schools.
Q. I see all these candidates announcing their run for whatever political position, but I didn’t think you could file for election yet. When does that period open?
- Two of three suspects in Sprint, Target burglaries arrested
- Man taken to hospital after freak accident in Brookshire Brothers parking lot
- Huntington ISD calling $19.295 million bond election
- Lufkin man charged with DWI after freak accident on Frank Avenue
- Brandi (Jenkins) Mettlen
- Texas Roadhouse a potential new addition to Lufkin’s restaurants
- Two taken to hospital following crash, other driver arrested
- Gunman in Big Lots shooting gets 28 years prison
- Man to SFA police: Voices want me to harm people on campus
- Chadley Shayne “Chad” Barington