Q: Why doesn’t Lufkin ISD buy its vehicles locally? There are plenty of good dealers in Angelina County. These dealers pay taxes in Angelina County and support all area schools. I’m not aware of Tipton paying ad valorem taxes in Angelina County or supporting our schools.
Q. I see all these candidates announcing their run for whatever political position, but I didn’t think you could file for election yet. When does that period open?
Q. The Houston Chronicle reports UPS is hiring nearly 3,000 seasonal temps to work its Houston-area centers during the holiday surge. UPS says more than a third of its annual temp hires get permanent full-time jobs after the holidays. Is this happening at Lufkin’s UPS center? Just curious.
Q. I have heard that there will be a Chick-fil-A opened on the west side of town, not affiliated with the one owned by Julie Walker. Is this true? If so how soon.
Q: How many cases does the district attorney’s office prosecute each year? What about the county attorney? And what’s the difference between the DA and the county attorney’s office?
- Five children find forever families through Buckner International
- Diboll ends season No. 1 in East Texas poll
- Mary Kay DiStefano
- No life-threatening injuries reported in three-vehicle crash
- Diboll named 14th safest city in Texas
- Authorities make arrest following girl's May outcry
- Alex and Frenchy's Bayou Grill a Cajun delight
- Man charged with kidnapping, choking, ex-fiancée
- Betty Charlene “Char” Sanford Murry
- Jo Anne Russell