Two suspects in the burglary of both Lufkin’s Target and the Sprint store earlier this month have been arrested.
The Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation awarded $123,000 in grants to 36 nonprofits and four education foundations throughout the region on Tuesday morning.
The city of Lufkin is running behind on its projected budget because of a lack of sales tax revenue coming from local sales, city manager Keith Wright said on Tuesday.
Lufkin High School sophomore Adam Awtrey has been selected to perform with the Texas All-State Tenor Bass Choir at the annual Texas Music Educators Association Clinic/Convention.
The community gathered to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with a number of celebrations, including a march from First Street down Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Dunbar Primary School.
Midweek showers will give way to mostly clear skies just in time for the weekend, according to forecasters with the National Weather Service in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Man taken to hospital after freak accident in Brookshire Brothers parking lot
- Man to SFA police: Voices want me to harm people on campus
- Lufkin man charged with DWI after freak accident on Frank Avenue
- McElroy hurls insults, death threats after being found guilty of aggravated sex assault of child
- Two taken to hospital following crash, other driver arrested
- ACSO identifies body
- Michele Harper
- Body found at Lake Sam Rayburn
- Gunman in Big Lots shooting gets 28 years prison
- Death notices