HOUSTON (AP) — Tropical Storm Imelda is threatening to dump up to 18 inches (46 centimeters) of rain in parts of Southeast Texas and southwestern Louisiana over the next few days.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — For the first time in nearly a century, a rare California trout species will swim in a mountain creek that is its native habitat, marking a major milestone that conservationists hope will lead to a thriving population and removal of its threatened status.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — President Donald Trump began a California visit on Tuesday, saying he will do "something" about homelessness but offering no specifics beyond the mention of creating a task force.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actress Afton Williamson's claims of misconduct against her on the set of "The Rookie" weren't substantiated by an independent investigator, according to the ABC drama series' producer.
NEW YORK (AP) — The number and rate of abortions across the United States have plunged to their lowest levels since the procedure became legal nationwide in 1973, according to new figures released Wednesday.
DETROIT (AP) — Murder charges could be announced against a man suspected of killing at least four women and stowing their bodies in vacant houses in Detroit.
DENVER (AP) — In a story Sept. 16 about Missy Franklin's wedding, The Associated Press reported erroneously that she was the first woman to win four gold medals in a single Olympics in any sport.
FARMINGTON, Maine (AP) — A maintenance manager was credited Tuesday with saving lives by evacuating a building before an explosion that gravely injured him, while investigators began examining the rubble to determine the cause and the firefighter who died was saluted.
- Police ID man who died in Thursday night crash
- Authorities ID, book teen arrested for gun on campus
- Suspected bank robber dies in crash while fleeing authorities
- Paula Page Monson
- POLICE REPORTS: Someone claiming to be with Publishers Clearinghouse scams woman into sharing personal information, used her checking account
- Postal Service opening new branch in downtown Lufkin
- No one injured in three-vehicle crash
- POLICE REPORTS: Man banned from McDonald's due to grimace-worthy behavior
- POLICE REPORTS: Utility company won't return man's calls about dirt filling his cattle guard
- Death notices