I was sitting in the drive-thru waiting for my order when I overheard a conversation between a couple of young folks working there. One was discussing her dad, who had just come through moments before me. The main topic of the conversation was the dad’s attire: Apparently, he’d been wearing …
On June 14, 1777, the Second Continental Congress passed the Flag Resolution, which stated: “Resolved, That the flag of the thirteen United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.” In 1795…
Gov. Greg Abbott late Monday signed into law House Bill 1325, which legalizes the production of industrial hemp in the state, as well as hemp-derived extracts that don’t contain a THC concentration of more than .3%, like the CBD oil that has been sold illegally for some time now everywhere f…
In 2019, an estimated 5.8 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease. By the year 2050, it’s estimated that number may be as high as 14 million, and anyone with a brain is at potential risk.
Now that the Texas legislative session has finally come to a close, it’s time to look at a couple of pieces of legislation that didn’t garner as much coverage as the session’s hot-button topics — education and property tax reform.
- Though CBD oils aren't yet legal in Texas, they remain a popular commodity
- Lufkin going Crazy about Mangonadas
- Central ISD board names assistant superintendent of curriculum lone superintendent finalist
- One taken to hospital by helicopter following crash
- Lufkin all-star teams selected
- Abbott signs law legalizing CBD products in Texas
- Death notices
- POLICE REPORTS: Burglar steals furniture from dead ex-husband's apartment
- Death notices
- Lufkin Police arrest second former pawn shop employee in theft case