Our weekly roundup of Toasts & Roasts:
Texas’ unemployment rate continues to drop to record lows, with the state’s rate for May hitting a seasonally adjusted 3.5%, according to the Texas Workforce Commission. That’s the lowest level since the federal government began calculating the rate in 1976.
Lufkin was in the national spotlight before the start of the July 4 holiday weekend. And once again, our community’s portrayal was less-than-flattering.
It took three attempts this year, but the public once again will have the chance to address Angelina County Commissioners directly after they agreed to reinstate a public forum, effective immediately.
The following are excerpts from the U.S. Declaration of Independence. To read more about the Declaration, including the entire text, go to ushistory.org/declaration.
The Fourth of July weekend has arrived, and for many East Texans, that means hitching up the boat and heading to the lake or river.
- Jury sentences woman to 10 years in prison for sexual assault of child
- POLICE REPORTS: Woman calls number on pop up ad, gets scammed out of $540
- Katrinka Tomez Lindsey
- POLICE REPORTS: A dozen vehicles burglarized or damaged over weekend
- Former Zavalla ISD baseball coach accused of improper relation withdraws guilty plea, may face additional charges
- Death notices
- Sometimes ‘that mom’ needs a break
- FYI: What's the punishment for the Lufkin Blue Bell Licker?
- Death notices
- POLICE REPORTS: Man burns rubber instead of smokes after phony money confrontation