With their leading scorer on the bench with an injury, the Angelina College Lady Roadrunners were hoping to find at least one player to help pick up the slack in a key conference matchup against Paris College.
Tai’Sheka Porchia did the dirty work on the inside, and the Paris Lady Dragons couldn’t find any answers for Mycah McDonald and Britney Thompson on the outside as the Angelina College Lady Roadrunners took an impressive 76-61 win in Region XIV action at Shands Gym Saturday afternoon.
As basketball teams in the Region XIV conference dive into the meat of their season schedules this month, some of those squads are still experiencing some of the ups and downs expected in such a tough league.
A stretch of their best basketball of the season left the Angelina College Roadrunners comfortably atop the Region XIV South standings. On Wednesday night, they showed they could still win when they weren’t at their best.
Going up against a Trinity Valley team near the top of the conference standings, the Angelina College Roadrunners used their depth to take charge late in a pivotal 83-73 win over the Cardinals in Region XIV basketball action at Shands Gym Saturday afternoon.
Diamante Brown scored 26 points and Bossier Parish came up with the big plays in the final minutes as the Cavaliers took a 73-70 win over the Angelina College Roadrunners in Region XIV basketball action at Shands Gym Monday night.
- Man taken to hospital after freak accident in Brookshire Brothers parking lot
- Man to SFA police: Voices want me to harm people on campus
- McElroy hurls insults, death threats after being found guilty of aggravated sex assault of child
- Lufkin man charged with DWI after freak accident on Frank Avenue
- Body found at Lake Sam Rayburn
- ACSO identifies body
- Michele Harper
- Commissioners approve new county policy against full-service deputies
- Death notices
- Death notices