Sports editor Josh Havard held a question-and-answer session with Lufkin head coach Todd Quick on Tuesday afternoon. The Panthers moved their record to 2-1 with a 61-7 win over Redskins del Estado de Mexico on Friday night. The Panthers have a bye this week before opening district on Sept. 2…
A shakeup at the top of the Class 5A DI rankings didn’t affect the Lufkin Panthers as they remained No. 5 in the latest Dave Campbell’s Texas Football poll.
Playing against the Redskins del Estado de Mexico on #LufkinU Family Night, the Panthers easily picked up the expected win that seemed like a foregone conclusion even before they took the field.
In the fourth and final installment of a series with Mexican teams, the Lufkin Panthers knew they simply needed to take care of business against the Redskins del Estado de Mexico.
DIBOLL — Daris McMillan ran for three scores while Dylan Maskunas passed for two and ran in another as the Diboll Lumberjacks picked up a 56-7 win over the Cleveland Indians in a homecoming laugher.
GROVETON — Brett Hoffman threw for 464 yards and four touchdowns as the Buffalo Bison handed the Groveton Indians their first loss of the season in a 46-36 thriller here Friday night.
CORRIGAN — The Corrigan-Camden steamroller continued to move in the right direction on Friday night as the Bulldogs flattened the Kirbyville Wildcats 32-8 in non-district action.
Just two weeks into the season, everybody in District 8-5A DI team has at least one loss. Lufkin, Magnolia West, Magnolia, Caney Creek, Tomball and Willis have split their first two games while Waller is 0-2.
Diboll Lumberjacks’ running back Daris McMillan was named the Week 2 American State Bank Player of the Week for the South Division after a huge game in a 62-0 win over the Huntington Red Devils.
- Police ID man who died in Thursday night crash
- Authorities ID, book teen arrested for gun on campus
- Postal Service opening new branch in downtown Lufkin
- Paula Page Monson
- Suspected bank robber dies in crash while fleeing authorities
- POLICE REPORTS: Someone claiming to be with Publishers Clearinghouse scams woman into sharing personal information, used her checking account
- No one injured in three-vehicle crash
- POLICE REPORTS: Man banned from McDonald's due to grimace-worthy behavior
- Death notices
- Death notices