Texas bass anglers lost an old friend on Nov. 29 as David Campbell died after a lengthy battle with Alzheimer’s disease. He was 75.
Crappie fishermen headed to Lake Fork and Lake O’ the Pines in East Texas this winter are reminded of a special “no cull” regulation on those lakes that prohibits the release of any crappie between Dec. 1 and Feb. 28, 2020.
I don’t know how your deer season has gone this fall, but many Texas hunters and most wildlife experts will agree that it has been one heck of a ride thus far.
Texas deer seasons are just about always good, but this one may turn out to be one for the record books for Greg Simons of San Angelo.
The Texas Parks & Wildlife Commission recently adopted several new regulations pertaining to tagging and updating requirements on passive fishing gear, including trotlines, throw lines, limb lines, perch traps and other gear used to target catfish.
Dawn was just a promise on the horizon and there was a light mist dancing around in the cool morning air. It was still too dark to see clearly, but I was able to make out the figure of a deer as it merged from a mesquite thicket and moved into a small opening about 75 yards away.
- TxDOT approves $140.9 million for Diboll Relief Route
- Rudolph in crosshairs: City officials call Christmas in the Pines a success, but 1,500-plus citizens sign petition to move Rudolph back to Lufkin Mall
- Charges filed against former PCA students accused of conspiring school shooting
- STALLARD: Our lost loved ones are still riding right along with us
- Michael May
- Hunters protest gate they say is on public road in Zavalla
- Sanches to face 2 challengers for sheriff; trio to vie for commissioner position
- Death notices
- Mary Ann Runnels
- Stacy Craig Sims