It’s just about game time on select river systems across Texas, and things are setting up for some serious fishing fun over the next few months. If this year is like most, opening kickoff on some playing fields could come as late as Valentine’s Day or as early as Super Bowl Sunday, possibly …
The lunker bunkers at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center opened for business on Jan. 1. Not surprisingly, Tony Owens and his crew are anxiously awaiting their first finny customer of 2020.
Most seasoned deer hunters will agree that even the smartest whitetail buck can be pretty dumb when he’s got girls on his mind. Among other things, a spike in testosterone can make an otherwise wary buck go places he normally would not go and do things he normally would not do.
Texas’ 2019-20 general season for whitetail deer rolls to a close on Jan. 5 in the state’s North Zone and Jan. 19 in the South Zone, but interested hunters can still take advantage of special “late” deer seasons that allow for muzzleloader-only, youth-only or antlerless/unbranched antler buc…
Christmas came early in the country this year as I took delivery of my first-ever Henry rifle shortly after Thanksgiving. It probably won’t be the last.
Chronic wasting disease (CWD) was recently detected in a free-ranging, 5 1/2-year-old whitetail doe between Del Rio and Amistad Reservoir in far southwest Texas, according to recent reports from the Texas Parks & Wildlife Departement. TPWD says it is the first confirmed case of the disea…
- Man taken to hospital after freak accident in Brookshire Brothers parking lot
- Man to SFA police: Voices want me to harm people on campus
- McElroy hurls insults, death threats after being found guilty of aggravated sex assault of child
- Lufkin man charged with DWI after freak accident on Frank Avenue
- Body found at Lake Sam Rayburn
- ACSO identifies body
- Commissioners approve new county policy against full-service deputies
- Michele Harper
- Death notices
- Death notices