The ceremonial cannonball by Ward 2 Councilman Robert Shankle provided a splashy opening Monday to summer fun at the Jones Park Pool.
Investigators with the Angelina County Sheriff’s Office seized 271 marijuana plants Monday from a grow operation discovered on Hulsman Road, according to Lt. Wesley Waggonner of the criminal investigation division.
Lufkin’s City Council today will consider approving an ordinance providing a homestead exemption for the primary residence of all Lufkin residents.
- City work crews resurfacing a portion of East Lufkin Avenue
- POLICE REPORTS: Officers investigate theft of 2 catalytic converters
- Thornton appointed to serve on national CASA leadership council
- Lufkin to consider ordinance granting homestead exemption
- Deputies seize 271 marijuana plants after man overdoses at grow house
A bill eliminating annual safety inspections for non-commercial vehicles in Texas is awaiting Gov. Greg Abbott’s signature, with the new law taking effect Sept. 1. Emission testing would still be required in 17 counties. The proposal also will save drivers the $7 cut that went to the inspection stations. How do you feel about this proposed change to vehicle registration?
- Zavalla man dies in motorcycle crash
- Man jailed for allegedly pointing gun at, body-slamming former partner
- DPS report: Both drivers who died in May 19 crash may have contributed to accident
- Police identify victim of Wednesday night auto-pedestrian crash
- Man dies after being struck by vehicle at intersection of Timberland and Paul
- Gobbler's Knob prowler call leads to arrest of man wanted for drug delivery
- Angelina Arts Alliance unveils upcoming season; Amy Grant slated for March 2024
- Local agencies team up to rescue person trapped in trench
- 6/3/23 Restaurant inspections
- Grand jury indicts 4 suspects in March fatal shooting
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.