Every chair was full at the Lufkin ISD board meeting Thursday night as parents and community members showed up to speak about topics including the district’s mask mandate and bullying.
In keeping with its long-standing policy on public health and safety coverage,
The Lufkin Daily News is providing all content about the coronavirus crisis free to online readers.
The state of Texas took the Lufkin and Diboll school districts to court Monday seeking to uphold temporary injunctions to prevent the districts from enforcing mask mandates.
NACOGDOCHES — The coronavirus pandemic prompted the Texas Supreme Court to cancel all jury trials in April 2020, and the resulting backlog of cases has created a dilemma for Texas sheriffs who detain those charged with a crime who cannot make bail.
NACOGDOCHES — Nacogdoches County Sheriff Jason Bridges reported 49 people incarcerated at the county jail have confirmed cases of COVID-19 in a video shared on Facebook Tuesday evening.
At the March 2020 First Friday Luncheon, Angelina County & Cities Health District director Sharon Shaw told attendees about preparations being made for the arrival of the novel coronavirus in Angelina County.
My “little” brother Randy is a pretty private person. About the only time anyone other than his wife Lory sees him is when he’s at work. Otherwise, he stays to himself and with her. If I want to find him during his time off, I’ve gotta stalk him around his pond or somewhere else on his property.
Six new county residents with COVID-19 were reported dead by the Texas Department of State Health Services on Wednesday.
Angelina County Commissioners took action on three items related to the COVID-19 pandemic at Tuesday’s court meeting.
Nine Angelina County residents with COVID-19 were reported dead since Sept. 29 by the Texas Department of State Health Services as of Monday.
Five new fatalities related to COVID-19 in Angelina County were reported by the Texas Department of State Health Services on Tuesday.
COVID-19 - Latest from AP
- Alabama: App may help cut long stadium food, drink lines
- Arizona reports 3,074 additional COVID cases, 51 more deaths
- Virus keeps Kingsbury from practice as Cards prep for Texans
- Judge stops another attempt to stop Maine COVID-19 shot rule
- Bourbon maker reaches tentative deal with striking workers
- Kansas State requires all employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Belarus scraps short-lived mask mandates amid virus surge
- Where are the workers? Cutoff of jobless aid spurs no influx
- Dems seek investigation of AG's possible 'abuse of power'
- New Wyoming COVID-19 hospital high amid low vaccination rate
- Spanish govt returns fines for breaking virus lockdown rules
- Scientists urge UK to prep rapid return of COVID measures
- Longview man dies in 3-vehicle crash on Highway 94 near Groveton
- Christian singer to perform at The Pines Theater
- Court hearing begins on legal challenges to mask mandates at Lufkin, Diboll schools
- ZIMMERMAN: Sunday’s editorial took the wrong tone
- Huntington makes changes to mobile home ordinance
- Parents complain about mask mandate, bullying at LISD board meeting
- Lufkin man indicted for 2020 shooting death
- POLICE REPORTS: Local authorities report 11 arrests
- Tire & E-Waste Collection Day on tap for Saturday
- Lufkin volleyball wins 1st district title in program history