The deadline to respond to the 2020 Census was moved up to Sept. 30 by the U.S. Census Bureau on Monday while only a few Deep East Texas counties have reached their self-response rates from 2010.
In keeping with its long-standing policy on public health and safety coverage,
The Lufkin Daily News is providing all content about the coronavirus crisis free to online readers.
Porchia Ridley and Robert Shankle distribute free face masks at Jones Park Saturday afternoon. The Porchia Ridley-Kinney Foundation partnered with Lufkin City Councilman Robert Shankle and the Hanes Corp. to provide free masks to the community. The Alcohol & Drug Abuse Council of Deep Ea…
Lufkin ISD will be offering COVID-19 testing and antigen testing to staff and their families from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday.
Employees at the Lufkin State Supported Living Center believe the facility’s current practices will result in the continued, unchecked spread of COVID-19 among residents and staff.
The campaign doesn’t officially start until October, but the United Way of Angelina County needs your help, perhaps now more than ever before.
As a physician, I have been fascinated by the rapid acquisition of knowledge about the novel coronavirus and the deadly disease it causes, COVID-19. True, that knowledge may not be coming as fast as we like. But the pace of vaccine development, for example, is remarkable. But along with know…
ZAVALLA — The Zavalla ISD Board of Trustees voted to seek out a search firm to assist in the hunt for a new superintendent after Superintendent Ricky Oliver announced he would retire in December.
Texas’ Freestanding Emergency Rooms were granted access to care for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries during the COVID-19 public health emergency by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
COVID-19 - Latest from AP
- Azar visit to Taiwan is fresh thorn in prickly US-China ties
- California public health director resigns from department
- Global shares push higher on stimulus moves, US jobs data
- Belarus' leader wins sixth term with over 80% of votes
- Players unite in push to save college season, create union
- Pandemic wrecks global Class of 2020's hopes for first job
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival to be virtual amid virus
- As college leaders meet, football players push to play
- League boss considers tougher penalties for bubble breaches
- Extreme poverty rises; a generation sees a future slip away
- Wisconsin's largest drive-thru offers up state fair staples
- Shift in alcohol buying means new normal for breweries
- State Supported Living Center employees share COVID-19 complaints
- GUEST COLUMN: AC decision disappointing, shameful
- Nacogdoches sheriff: Virus ‘a hard blow’ as 102 inmates, 15 staff sick
- Authorities arrest three in connection with 2019 Angelina County slaying
- Angelina County Sheriff’s Office charges fifth suspect in 2019 slaying
- Marijuana growing operation busted in Angelina National Forest
- Angelina County has 27 new cases of COVID-19 and two more deaths
- FLOURNOY: Speak up or accept the consequences
- Cyber attack affects Hudson ISD website
- Health district reports 98 new COVID-19 cases in Angelina County