Nearly 100 people with COVID-19 were being treated by Angelina County hospitals on Wednesday, while the number deaths related to the virus climbs day-by-day, regional and state data shows.
In keeping with its long-standing policy on public health and safety coverage,
The Lufkin Daily News is providing all content about the coronavirus crisis free to online readers.
Lufkin school trustees discussed adopting a one-time $1.3 million COVID-19 compensation plan for teachers and staff during its Tuesday work session.
As hospitalization rates, case rates and death rates reach new heights in local communities, the Texas Department of State Health Services is warning people to be careful of COVID-19.
The Angelina County & Cities Health District on Monday reported 213 new positive and probable COVID-19 cases in Angelina County.
A record number of people were in Angelina County intensive care units with COVID-19, data released Saturday by the Southeast Texas Regional Advisory Council shows.
“It’s always darkest just before dawn” is one of those ubiquitous sayings that’s meant to offer hope, even in the worst of circumstances.
In March 2020, we temporarily closed all of our Social Security hearing offices due to the coronavirus pandemic and are not offering in-person hearings. During the office closures, we are providing two flexible, safe and secure hearing options: either a telephone hearing or our new option of…
Lufkin ISD is hosting a virtual advanced academics event through Jan. 22 in place of its annual Advanced Academics Night for COVID-19 safety precautions.
Angelina College is celebrating a higher rate of students named to the President's Honor List in 2020 than 2019, despite the challenges presented by the pandemic and online learning.
The Angelina County & Cities Health District on Wednesday reported 315 new positive COVID-19 cases and probable cases in Angelina County since Friday.
COVID-19 - Latest from AP
- District to restart class amid court case, statehouse debate
- NRA fights for its future in Texas, New York courts
- Biden repudiates white supremacy, calls for racial justice
- US releases Detroit's disgraced former mayor from prison
- The Latest: Psaki: Biden focused on virus, not impeachment
- Ovechkin on COVID list, Caps fined $100K; Canes games off
- Americans who live, work near capitols see peace, new hope
- The Latest: Florida urges more vaccine for its many seniors
- Health officials urge Ivey to extend Alabama's mask order
- Immigrants cheered by possible citizenship path under Biden
- Nevada hits 1-day death record but reports fewer new cases
- Alaska reports 24 COVID-19 deaths, 1 described as recent
- Texas company to invest $150 million in Lufkin, create more than 100 new jobs
- Local college student's snow photo goes viral
- Man held on $6 million bond after stabbing incident at convenience store
- Woman, Lufkin police officer both injured after alleged knife attack by woman's son at Lucky's
- Uncle of man accused of stabbing his mother and a police officer speaks about mental illness
- Early-morning wreck in Nacogdoches County kills 4
- Officer injured in Lucky's stabbing now recovering at home; woman may be taken off life support Wednesday
- Brookshire Brothers launches online portal to sign up for COVID-19 vaccinations
- Intensive Care Unit hospitalizations in Angelina County reach new heights
- Texas company to invest in Lufkin