The Angelina County & Cities Health District has confirmed that 50-year-old Bretta Nerren is the fifth COVID-19-related death in Angelina County.
In keeping with its long-standing policy on public health and safety coverage,
The Lufkin Daily News is providing all content about the coronavirus crisis free to online readers.
The Lufkin Police Department responded to the death of 50-year-old Bretta Nerren, who family say had been diagnosed with COVID-19 at an emergency room trip a few days earlier.
In a belated Cinco de Mayo celebration, one East Texas teen walked away with an $11,200 scholarship that she earned through her fundraising efforrts.
The cheers and exclamations of teachers and students reuniting at St. Patrick Catholic School could probably be heard well down Lowry Street and Timberland Drive Friday morning during the End of Year celebration.
DIBOLL — Lumberjack Stadium was full of proud parents, teachers, family and community members as the Diboll High School class of 2020 walked the stage on a cool Friday evening.
Angelina County has five new cases of COVID-19, bringing the county’s total to 210, according to the county’s website, angelinacounty.net.
Lufkin High School graduate and former Lufkin Daily News reporter James Wade’s debut novel, “All Things Left Wild,” is set for release June 16, and if the praise rolling in from from his peers is any indication, fans of Western literature are in for one brilliantly painted ride.
DIBOLL — Hayden McLeroy and Justice Ferguson were named valedictorian and salutatorian of the Diboll High School class of 2020.
As Texas continues to slowly reopen after the coronavirus pandemic, organizations are making decisions about whether or not to host their annual summer camps.
The Office of Court Administration has announced that Texas courts may resume non-essential in-person hearings by Monday, and Angelina County courts are gearing up for reopening.
COVID-19 - Latest from AP
- Census hits milestone as states worry about deadline switch
- The Latest: Oklahoma to stop releasing nursing home details
- Sobering US nursing home death report as lockdowns ease
- Louisiana lawmakers finishing regular session without budget
- Marshall announces virus cases as athletes return
- Floyd's brother pleads for peace, Trump takes combative tone
- Florida police officer suspended for pushing kneeling woman
- New York City imposes 11 p.m. curfew amid Floyd protests
- 'Is this smart?' Cuomo concerned protests will spread virus
- Little Rock re-institutes curfew as Floyd protests continue
- Stocks shake off weak start and close higher, extending run
- Mass gatherings, erosion of trust upend coronavirus control
- Lufkin Daily News employee killed in collision
- Man dies in vehicle crash south of Zavalla
- Golden Corral not one of 35 corporate-owned stores to close
- Health district reports two more COVID-19 deaths, 18 new cases
- Incidents of police violence nationwide spark protests in Lufkin on Sunday
- Sheriff's office investigating grave desecration
- Lufkin city manager to retire at the start of July
- Tuesday Morning to close Lufkin location after bankruptcy filling
- Lufkin native's debut novel hits stores June 16
- Houston woman comes forward as Nac fertility doc's daughter