Lufkin High School senior and top 20 graduate Elizabeth Jones, right, embraces Veronica Morris, her sixth-grade language arts teacher, following a speech on why Morris is her Educator of Influence.
Children grinning from ear-to-ear collect plastic candy-filled eggs off the ground during the annual city of Lufkin Parks & Recreation Easter Egg Hunt Friday afternoon at Kit McConnico Park.
Five-year-old Joseph Cox, center, wrestles out of the grip of his mother, Dana Cox, right, and Christeen Calhoun as they try to steal his candy during the Wells Homecoming Parade Saturday afternoon in Wells.
Child Protective Services staff, sporting the color blue in support of abused and neglected children, pose for a photo following a Child Abuse Prevention Month kick-off event Tuesday.
Hilton Henson raises a flag in honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month as attendees holding blue balloons look on during a kick-off event Tuesday morning in front of the Angelina County Courthouse.
Hope Allen, front, embraces her former caseworker Breann Hollis after speaking on her experience in the foster care system during a Child Abuse Prevention Month kick-off event Tuesday morning in front of the Angelina County Courthouse.
Attendees holding blue balloons in honor of abused and neglected children join together in prayer during a Child Abuse Prevention Month kick-off event Tuesday morning in front of the Angelina County Courthouse.
The Angelina College AC Singers, wearing sunglasses and coat jackets, perform on stage during a dress rehearsal for their Extravaganza, their biggest show of the year, Thursday at the Temple Theater. The show opens at 7:30 tonight at Temple Theater on the Angelina College campus. Visit lufki…
The Angelina College AC Singers, wearing sunglasses and coat jackets, perform “Shake a Tail Feather” on stage during a dress rehearsal for their Extravaganza, their biggest show of the year, Thursday at the Temple Theater. The show opens at 7:30 p.m. today at Temple Theater on the Angelina C…
- Lufkin man charged with aggravated assault with deadly weapon for allegedly shooting at man through Lincoln window on Willow Bay
- Man shot in shoulder in incident on Old Mill Road
- Broadband breakthrough: Efforts to expand internet in county forcing Hudson residents to dial up water company
- State reports 15 new coronavirus fatalities since Sept. 15
- Affidavit reveals details in slaying of two Lufkin residents
- Lufkin looking to purchase property dividing Shepherd Street, Cotton Square
- Redistricting proposal shifts Angelina, Nacogdoches counties out of Gohmert’s district
- Angelina College announces new degree initiatives at ceremony
- Hudson student named semifinalist for National Merit Scholar
- Commissioners to consider bond for unit-road engineer