A large eucalyptus tree blocks the northbound lanes of Highway 13 just past Redwood Road in Oakland, Calif., Thursday, Dec. 23, 2021, as heavy rain falls across the region. Heavy overnight rains in Northern California left two people dead in a submerged car as authorities on Thursday urged residents of several Southern California mountain and canyon communities to voluntarily leave their homes because of possible mud and debris flows. (Jessica Christian/San Francisco Chronicle via AP)
San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin speaks during a press conference in protest of Mayor London Breed's plan for more policing and enforcement of laws that could affect drug users in the Tenderloin neighborhood on Monday, Dec. 20, 2021, in San Francisco. Boudin urged Breed to put more money into housing and treatment to get at the roots causes of crime. (Gabrielle Lurie/San Francisco Chronicle via AP)
Lufkin High School senior and top 20 graduate Elizabeth Jones, right, embraces Veronica Morris, her sixth-grade language arts teacher, following a speech on why Morris is her Educator of Influence.
Children grinning from ear-to-ear collect plastic candy-filled eggs off the ground during the annual city of Lufkin Parks & Recreation Easter Egg Hunt Friday afternoon at Kit McConnico Park.
Five-year-old Joseph Cox, center, wrestles out of the grip of his mother, Dana Cox, right, and Christeen Calhoun as they try to steal his candy during the Wells Homecoming Parade Saturday afternoon in Wells.
Child Protective Services staff, sporting the color blue in support of abused and neglected children, pose for a photo following a Child Abuse Prevention Month kick-off event Tuesday.
Hilton Henson raises a flag in honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month as attendees holding blue balloons look on during a kick-off event Tuesday morning in front of the Angelina County Courthouse.
Hope Allen, front, embraces her former caseworker Breann Hollis after speaking on her experience in the foster care system during a Child Abuse Prevention Month kick-off event Tuesday morning in front of the Angelina County Courthouse.
Attendees holding blue balloons in honor of abused and neglected children join together in prayer during a Child Abuse Prevention Month kick-off event Tuesday morning in front of the Angelina County Courthouse.
- Walker under criminal investigation
- State reports new coronavirus-related death in Angelina County
- Chain reaction: Safe Outdoor Dogs Act will curtail tethering, but city mulling ordinance with more teeth
- Central, Diboll ISD superintendents speak on state of their districts
- STALLARD: Right, wrong don’t wear team logos
- Lufkin to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day with parade, program
- POLICE REPORTS: DPS says 2 injured in wreck on US Highway 69 south
- Seven local students receive Good Citizen Awards
- Friends of Thomas Moore reflect on his compassion, hard work
- Convicted sex offender charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child