Sixteen authors and their books will either be represented or present from 1-4 p.m. Saturday at the parsonage of Keltys United Methodist Church.
Our ladies will be painting rocks in the morning at 9:30. Gail Hall is the instructor. We are excited about this craft. The sample rocks Gail brought are watermelon slices, orange half, apple half and grapes, and they look good enough to eat. Come enjoy the fellowship.
Every gardener has a unique style and experience that can teach lessons. The landscape at Virginia and Joe Welch’s country home is no exception. I spent a summer morning touring Virginia’s carefully tended gardens and sipping peach tea on her wisteria-shaded patio.
Many years after the first film, Tim and Ted Templeton are all grown up and going about their separate lives as stay-at-home dad and powerful CEO, respectively.
Blake Ford, son of Rusty and Amy Ford, is the new head baseball coach at Splendora. He was the varsity assistant and pitching coach at Klein Cain. He and wife Meagan and girls Keily and Kendall plan to live in Kingwood.
Once a week, I speak via video call to my family by marriage in Italy. And as you might expect, our conversation frequently turns to food.
Is your neighborhood feeling more crowded than usual? When something goes bump in the night do you hear “it” scuttle off into the darkness when you open the door? When you shine a flashlight around your yard at night do you see eyes looking back? If so, remember before your neighborhood was …
Editor’s note: The Lufkin Daily News reserves the right to edit submissions as needed. The deadline for submissions for Friday is noon Thursday. Submissions will not be printed more than two weeks before the date of the event.
- Woman dies in early morning shooting on Deer Trace Circle
- Lufkin police identify Sunday's shooting victim
- Judge officially removes Cheshire from office as Pct. 4 commissioner
- Defendant testified he didn’t need to rob Whataburger, he made plenty selling drugs
- Judge officially removes Cheshire from office as Pct. 4 commissioner; Lymbery will get to appoint replacement
- Courts resume for Whataburger robbery trial
- Lufkin firefighters extinguish two separate fires Monday morning
- U-Haul driver allegedly leads officers on two-hour, four-county chase while ramming patrol units, playing 'chicken' with oncoming motorists
- Lufkin attorney recognized for efforts to improve adult education
- Armed ... and dangerous? East Texans have mixed opinions on constitutional carry law