NACOGDOCHES — In the spring semester of 1946, Stephen F. Austin State Teachers College welcomed an influx of returning World War II servicemen to the student body. Among the courses offered to these new and returning students was a new academic program — one that is inexorably tied to the he…
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and the Family Crisis Center of East Texas is encouraging the community to wear purple on Thursday as part of #PurpleThursday.
The COVID-19 pandemic has been testing small businesses. Running a small business can be a 24-7 endeavor. Managing employees, inventory, scheduling, services and marketing can be challenging even in normal times.
Our story finds us where we last left our heroes: Eddie is struggling to adjust to life as a host for the alien symbiote called Venom. In an attempt to rebuild his career as a journalist, he interviews notorious serial killer, Cletus Kasady. When Cletus bites Eddie, he takes on some of his p…
Imagine designing and creating a rope only an inch thick, able to stretch, without breaking, two to four times its normal length but strong enough to stop a huge airliner. Then add to the requirements that it can’t be made of metal, but only of spider silk.
The Drug-Free All-Stars are a group of high school seniors from Angelina County schools who are selected to serve as role models for the community by living tobacco-, drug- and alcohol-free. The All-Stars toured the Angelina County Jail for their October meeting.
- Longview man dies in 3-vehicle crash on Highway 94 near Groveton
- Christian singer to perform at The Pines Theater
- Court hearing begins on legal challenges to mask mandates at Lufkin, Diboll schools
- ZIMMERMAN: Sunday’s editorial took the wrong tone
- Parents complain about mask mandate, bullying at LISD board meeting
- Huntington makes changes to mobile home ordinance
- Lufkin man indicted for 2020 shooting death
- POLICE REPORTS: Local authorities report 11 arrests
- Tire & E-Waste Collection Day on tap for Saturday
- Lufkin volleyball wins 1st district title in program history