Steve and Nona (Parker) Gardner of Garrison celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 18, 2020. The couple has two children, Jana Wilson and husband Clint of New Waverly and Andy Gardner and wife Kristin of Garrison. They also have four grandchildren: Brady and Mattie Wilson of New Waverly and Andi Beth and Cooper Gardner of Garrison. Mr. Gardner is a retired ag science teacher from Lufkin High School and Mrs. Gardner is a retired history teacher from Hudson High School. The couple bought a broiler farm in the Garrison area in 2001. They celebrated their anniversary with a family dinner and plan to take the children and grandchildren to Yellowstone National Park in July.
- Texas company to invest $150 million in Lufkin, create more than 100 new jobs
- Local college student's snow photo goes viral
- Woman, Lufkin police officer both injured after alleged knife attack by woman's son at Lucky's
- Man held on $6 million bond after stabbing incident at convenience store
- Brookshire Brothers launches online portal to sign up for COVID-19 vaccinations
- Early-morning wreck in Nacogdoches County kills 4
- Intensive Care Unit hospitalizations in Angelina County reach new heights
- Nine die from COVID-19 since Tuesday; county sees 315 new cases since Friday
- Texas company to invest in Lufkin
- Wreck on loop near state Highway 103 being cleared
Receive our News in Your Inbox!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.