Asleep at the Wheel, featuring the Quebe Sisters, is performing from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Temple Theater, the second performance of the Angelina Arts Alliance Performing Arts 2018-19 season.
Rev those engines: The Outbreak Car, Truck & Bike Show and Swap Meet presented by Southwest Classics at George H. Henderson Jr. Exposition Center, 1200 Ellen Trout Drive, will be in town from noon to 6 p.m. today, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Several local Texas Parks & Wildlife game wardens were among numerous officers from across the state who were recognized in Austin on July 20 for their life-saving actions.
Criminal trespass, 1200 block of CR 715. A California resident whose family owns property in the county contacted the sheriff’s office after a water department employee noticed “a tall black male on the property.” A deputy was dispatched to the property, and saw “clothes to be hung up in the yard and furniture items still in the residence,” but was unable to contact the individual to whom the items belonged. The deputy said he would continue attempting to reach the suspect, and would issue a criminal trespass warning.
LUFKIN —After another day of potentially damaging testimony about personal finances and reimbursements, the attorney for the former DETCOG director accused of defrauding the federal government said Walter Diggles will take the stand in his own defense.
Angelina Arts Alliance 2016-17 Performing Arts Series season subscription sales have been brisk since announcing the line-up of shows coming to Lufkin starting in September. Patrons interested in becoming season ticket holders have until July 8 to purchase season tickets unless they are all …
Tickets for The Pines Theater’s 2015 season, “Timeless Classics and New Favorites,” go on sale this month, and Tara Watson Watkins, executive director of the Lufkin Convention and Visitors Bureau and artistic director for The Pines, is encouraging season ticketholders to secure their seats f…
- Speeding ticket leads to controversial arrest in Crockett
- Authorities, family call for community help in locating missing Wells infant
- Cheshire faces second road-related lawsuit
- East Texas official arrested for alleged mail-in voter fraud involving 2018 Democratic primary for local seat
- Lufkin police identify 3 shooting victims
- Police identify woman injured in late-night wreck on Sunday
- Health district reports 24 new, 15 new probable cases of COVID-19 in Angelina County
- East Texas Food Bank to host distribution Tuesday, more over next months
- Diboll Mayor Candidates answer Q&A
- Legacy dominates Lufkin 70-32