Asleep at the Wheel, featuring the Quebe Sisters, is performing from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Temple Theater, the second performance of the Angelina Arts Alliance Performing Arts 2018-19 season.
Rev those engines: The Outbreak Car, Truck & Bike Show and Swap Meet presented by Southwest Classics at George H. Henderson Jr. Exposition Center, 1200 Ellen Trout Drive, will be in town from noon to 6 p.m. today, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Several local Texas Parks & Wildlife game wardens were among numerous officers from across the state who were recognized in Austin on July 20 for their life-saving actions.
Criminal trespass, 1200 block of CR 715. A California resident whose family owns property in the county contacted the sheriff’s office after a water department employee noticed “a tall black male on the property.” A deputy was dispatched to the property, and saw “clothes to be hung up in the yard and furniture items still in the residence,” but was unable to contact the individual to whom the items belonged. The deputy said he would continue attempting to reach the suspect, and would issue a criminal trespass warning.
LUFKIN —After another day of potentially damaging testimony about personal finances and reimbursements, the attorney for the former DETCOG director accused of defrauding the federal government said Walter Diggles will take the stand in his own defense.
Angelina Arts Alliance 2016-17 Performing Arts Series season subscription sales have been brisk since announcing the line-up of shows coming to Lufkin starting in September. Patrons interested in becoming season ticket holders have until July 8 to purchase season tickets unless they are all …
Tickets for The Pines Theater’s 2015 season, “Timeless Classics and New Favorites,” go on sale this month, and Tara Watson Watkins, executive director of the Lufkin Convention and Visitors Bureau and artistic director for The Pines, is encouraging season ticketholders to secure their seats f…
- Victim of attack at Lucky’s convenience store dies
- Uncle of man accused of stabbing his mother and a police officer speaks about mental illness
- Officer injured in Lucky's stabbing now recovering at home; woman may be taken off life support Wednesday
- Lufkin ISD board discusses $1.3 million compensation plan for teachers, staff in work session
- Man held on $6 million bond after stabbing incident at convenience store
- Lufkin police identify Friday shooting victim
- Shelby County crash kills three; leaves family in shock
- Lufkin man shot Friday night while sitting on his porch
- Lufkin ISD offering incentives to attract bus drivers
- Brookshire Brothers launches online portal to sign up for COVID-19 vaccinations