Asleep at the Wheel, featuring the Quebe Sisters, is performing from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Temple Theater, the second performance of the Angelina Arts Alliance Performing Arts 2018-19 season.
Rev those engines: The Outbreak Car, Truck & Bike Show and Swap Meet presented by Southwest Classics at George H. Henderson Jr. Exposition Center, 1200 Ellen Trout Drive, will be in town from noon to 6 p.m. today, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Several local Texas Parks & Wildlife game wardens were among numerous officers from across the state who were recognized in Austin on July 20 for their life-saving actions.
Criminal trespass, 1200 block of CR 715. A California resident whose family owns property in the county contacted the sheriff’s office after a water department employee noticed “a tall black male on the property.” A deputy was dispatched to the property, and saw “clothes to be hung up in the yard and furniture items still in the residence,” but was unable to contact the individual to whom the items belonged. The deputy said he would continue attempting to reach the suspect, and would issue a criminal trespass warning.
LUFKIN —After another day of potentially damaging testimony about personal finances and reimbursements, the attorney for the former DETCOG director accused of defrauding the federal government said Walter Diggles will take the stand in his own defense.
Angelina Arts Alliance 2016-17 Performing Arts Series season subscription sales have been brisk since announcing the line-up of shows coming to Lufkin starting in September. Patrons interested in becoming season ticket holders have until July 8 to purchase season tickets unless they are all …
Tickets for The Pines Theater’s 2015 season, “Timeless Classics and New Favorites,” go on sale this month, and Tara Watson Watkins, executive director of the Lufkin Convention and Visitors Bureau and artistic director for The Pines, is encouraging season ticketholders to secure their seats f…
- Lufkin Daily News employee killed in collision
- Man dies in vehicle crash south of Zavalla
- Golden Corral not one of 35 corporate-owned stores to close
- Health district reports two more COVID-19 deaths, 18 new cases
- Sheriff's office investigating grave desecration
- Lufkin city manager to retire at the start of July
- Tuesday Morning to close Lufkin location after bankruptcy filling
- Lufkin native's debut novel hits stores June 16
- Angelina County has two new cases of COVID-19
- Angelina County's COVID-19 case total tops 200