Funeral homes often submit obituaries as a service to the families they are assisting. We will be happy to accept obituaries from family members pending proper verification of the death. Without verification, we will not publish. Obituaries are a paid feature of The Lufkin Daily News. Cost is based on the length of the obituary. Once received, we will provide a quote. The deadline to submit an obituary is 4 p.m. for the following day's edition. The Lufkin Daily News assumes no responsibility for inaccurate information provided to us. Prepayment is required. For more information, call 936-631-2618 or email: email@example.com.
Opal Irene (Harris) Day, 97, of the Saron Community, went to live with her Lord and Savior on Friday, September 25, 2020. She was born on August 5, 1923 in Angelina County to Casper and Isabelle (Hollingsworth) Harris.
Jerry Ann Nerren, 72, of Lufkin, went to be with the Lord on September 10, 2020 surrounded by her family. A “Celebration of Life” gathering for Mrs. Nerren will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, September 19, 2020 at the residence of her sister, Kay Cox, in San Augustine. She was preceded in death…
- Authorities, family call for community help in locating missing Wells infant
- Speeding ticket leads to controversial arrest in Crockett
- Cheshire faces second road-related lawsuit
- East Texas official arrested for alleged mail-in voter fraud involving 2018 Democratic primary for local seat
- Health district reports 24 new, 15 new probable cases of COVID-19 in Angelina County
- Lufkin police identify 3 shooting victims
- East Texas Food Bank to host distribution Tuesday, more over next months
- Diboll Mayor Candidates answer Q&A
- Legacy dominates Lufkin 70-32
- STALLARD: A miniature giant made a mighty big difference